In de Bedrock-serie ‘De mooiste quotes van…’ delen we regelmatig inspirerende citaten van wijze mensen. Eerder kwamen onder andere Mahatma Gandhi en Deepak Chopra al aan bod. Vandaag zetten we Eckhart Tolle in het zonnetje, een Duitse leraar en auteur op het gebied van spiritualiteit. Hij is vooral bekend van zijn boek ‘The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment’, dat miljoenen keren over de toonbank ging en in 33 talen werd vertaald.
De 20 mooiste quotes van Eckhart Tolle
- “Being spiritual has nothing to do with what you believe and everything to do with your state of consciousness.”
- “The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it.”
- “The power for creating a better future is contained in the present moment. You create a good future by creating a good present.”
- “Power over others is weakness disguised as strength.”
- “Worry pretends to be necessary but serves no useful purpose.”
- “If small things have the power to disturb you, then who you think you are is exactly that: small.”
- “To love is to recognize yourself in another.”
- “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.”
- “Sometimes letting things go is an act of far greater power than defending or hanging on.”
- “You find peace not by rearranging the circumstances of your life, but by realizing who you are at the deepest level.”
- “The light is too painful for someone who wants to remain in darkness.”
- “Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
- “Every complaint is a little story the mind makes up that you completely believe in.”
- “If uncertainty is unacceptable to you, it turns into fear. If it is perfectly acceptable, it turns into increased aliveness, alertness, and creativity.”
- “Happiness depends on conditions being perceived as positive; inner peace does not.”
- “Defining yourself through thought is limiting yourself. Rather than being your thoughts and emotions, be the awareness behind them.”
- “The greatest achievement of humanity is not its works of art, science, or technology, but the recognition of its own dysfunction.”
- “Life has no opposite. The opposite of death is birth. Life is eternal.”
- “How do you let go of attachment to things? Don’t even try. It’s impossible. Attachment to things drops away by itself when you no longer seek to find yourself in them.”
- “Instead of asking: ‘What do I want from life?’, a more powerful question is: ‘What does life want from me?’ “
Meer lezen over spiritualiteit?
- Spirituele beoefening…help hoe doe ik dat nou?
- Waarom praten mensen die spiritueel zijn altijd zo zweverig?
- De ware betekenis van ‘zen’ (en hoe je echt ‘helemaal zen’ kunt worden)
Wil je nog meer inspirerende verhalen lezen? Meld je dan aan voor de Bedrock-nieuwsbrief!