De 20 meest inspirerende quotes van Freud
In de Bedrock-serie ‘De mooiste quotes van…’ delen we regelmatig inspirerende citaten van wijze mensen. Daarom delen we deze week quotes van Sigmund Freud, één van de meest invloedrijke psychologen en denkers van de 20ste eeuw.
Hoewel zijn psycho-analytische methodes en theorieën inmiddels omstreden zijn, blijven zijn quotes nog steeds erg inspirerend. Een must om eens over te reflecteren!
De meest inspirerende quotes van Sigmund Freud
- “One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful.”
- “We are never so defenseless against suffering as when we love.”
- “Unexpressed emotions will never die. They are buried alive and will come forth later in uglier ways.”
- “Out of your vulnerabilities will come your strength.”
- “Whoever loves becomes humble. Those who love have , so to speak , pawned a part of their narcissism.”
- “Dreams are often most profound when they seem the most crazy.”
- “The challenge of leadership is to be strong, but not rude; be kind, but not weak; be bold, but not bully; be thoughtful, but not lazy; be humble, but not timid; be proud, but not arrogant; have humor, but without folly.”
- “When one does not have what one wants, one must want what one has.”
- “No, our science is no illusion. But an illusion it would be to suppose that what science cannot give us we can get elsewhere.”
- “Love in the form of longing and deprivation lowers the self regard.”
- “The behavior of a human being in sexual matters is often a prototype for the whole of his other modes of reaction in life.”
- “Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility.”
- “Everyone owes nature a death.”
- “Beauty has no obvious use; nor is there any clear cultural necessity for it. Yet civilization could not do without it”
- “When a love-relationship is at its height there is no room left for any interest in the environment; a pair of lovers are sufficient to themselves.”
- “Where does a thought go when it’s forgotten?”
- “Dreams are the royal road to the unconscious.”
- “The creative writer does the same as the child at play; he creates a world of fantasy which he takes very seriously.”
- “Everywhere I go I find a poet has been there before me.”
- “The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization.”
Inspirerend man, die Freud. Zoals je kan lezen, zijn veel van zijn (wetenschappelijk gedateerde) opvattingen toch nog best actueel. Nog geen plannen vanavond? Plof met je partner of beste vriendin op de bank, neem er deze quotes bij en gebruik ze als aanknopingspunt om er lekker over te filosoferen.
Meer mooie quotes?
- De 20 mooiste quotes van Lao Tzu
- Dit zijn de mooiste quotes van Alain de Botton
- De mooiste quotes uit Alice in Wonderland